Director of Social Work: Almethia Middleton
- Tell us a bit about your background and where you received your degree? I earned my first Master’s Degree from Yeshiva University 2007 and my second Master’s Degree in Public Administration from The College of New Rochelle in 2014.
- What made you want to work in the social work field? My passion is helping others as well as ensuring their safety and well being. I began my career as a social worker in the field of Child Welfare. I was employed as a CPS Worker for the Administration of Children’s Services. I have worked in various entities such as a Intake Social Worker at various foster care agency within the boroughs, as well as worked my way up to Social Worker Supervisor in Foster Care. I then worked as a social worker with families of abuse and neglected children, Medical Foster Care, Adoption, Therapeutic Foster Care, etc. In 2013 I begin my career in the Nursing Home Arena as a Discharge Social Worker.
- What do you like about best about working in the healthcare field? I love working in the Health Care Setting, I received my Certified Nurses Aid Certificate in 1998 and currently have an active Certification. I enjoy the hands on experiences. My passion is to one day become a Nurse Practitioner.
- What made you decide to work with a senior population? I remember as a child prior to my aunt leaving this world, she told me I have a caring heart, warm hands and a healing smile. Since then I have been working with both children and seniors. I never gave up on my passion.
- A little bird tells us that after you finish your day as Director of Social Work at Sprain Brook Manor, there are days when you put on your scrubs and pitch in as CNA. Is this true? Yes, it is. I love the patients and the families and it’s important to me to help wherever I can. I love being a part of the team here at Sprain Brook Manor.
- Tell us one Fun Fact about you. I love to learn, travel, dance, cook and most of all spend quality time with my family…….